If the fall season is known for one thing it is probably change. The temperatures fall and the days get shorter. All living things prepare for transition to the colder climate. Autumn marks the end of summer but with all endings, there are new beginnings.
The Drink Wine and Giggle gals are preparing for a transition as well. We are going to say so long for now to our virtual girlfriends and let the universe guide the ideas we’ve expressed for the last few years into the lives that may be inspired. The DWAG gals are saying goodbye for now as we transition toward new beginnings along our journey through life.
Our hearts are full of gratitude as we reflect on what it means to be a DWAG gal and for the opportunities we’ve been able to experience.
- You can do what you set your mind to do. When we started thinking about writing a book of all of the fun and life-shifting activities we did when we were together, we never thought it would be published. In fact, we wondered if we could even write a book! Our beautiful book that we are so proud of was published in October 2012.
- One of the most important jobs in life is to take care of our bodies. We can’t do anything if we don’t start with a healthy body. Get enough sleep, eat and drink in moderation and keep moving.
- The best things in life are all around us and cost nothing. Take time to be in the moment, listen when someone talks to you, give them your time, be grateful for everything you have in your life.
- Trying new things is good for you. Experiencing something new and different will build your confidence, open your mind to new perspectives and bring more joy into your life.
- Life is a journey with only one “ending” so make the most of the journey. It’s not the “end” of something that is the prize—the journey itself is the prize. Don’t rush through life to get to where you’re going or you’ll miss the best parts.
- Women need girlfriends! Husbands and boyfriends aside, allow yourself to have a handful of girlfriends that you can talk to, share ideas and trust with your inner feelings. Girlfriends give us confidence.
- It’s best to let people live the life they choose without judging. Everyone is on their own journey and we don’t need to know why they do what they do. Trust that people are doing their best just as you are doing your best. Judging leads to negative thinking and ends up hurting only ourselves.
- Be genuine, all the time, and people will be attracted to you. No one else can be you and that uniqueness is the gift that others appreciate. Trust that being your true self will be loved.
- People come into your life for a reason. When the reason is fulfilled, they leave. Some people are in and out of your life in a short time. Some come into your life and stay forever. Don’t try to make people stay longer than they do. Don’t stay in relationships that no longer feel right because it’s probably time to move on.
- Take time to be a child. It’s been said that life is too important to be taken seriously. Laugh at yourself. Play. Smell the roses. Skip. Smile. Enjoy life’s moments, one by one.
Until we meet again…
The Drink Wine and Giggle Gals